Characteristics of VVGNG-LS cable
The designation of cable products encrypted basic product information.
VVGNG-LS is a power cable, and the abbreviation describes the main characteristics:
- the first letter “B” indicates that the enclosing sheath (outer insulation) is made of PVC;
- the second “B” - the sheathing material of the PVC cores;
- "G" - without a protective layer (naked);
- "Ng" - does not spread combustion during group laying;
- "LS" - reduced smoke and gas during combustion.
If at the beginning of the marking there is a letter “A” (AVVG), then the cores are made of aluminum. If it is not - from copper.
In addition to the main parameters, additional information can be indicated in the marking. So, VVGNG-LS-HL means that according to operating conditions it is allowed to use it at low temperatures up to -60 ˚С, and VVGNG-LS-T means tropical performance.
Even in the marking, information can be indicated by which it is possible to determine the presence of a neutral wire and other parameters of the cores. Information is presented in the table below.
The conductor cross section is also indicated in the designation, for example, (VVGNG-LS-P 3x4) is decoded as: cable with vinyl insulation of conductors and a vinyl common sheath, cross section flat, three conductors with a cross section of 4 mm2.
In the VVGNG-LS cable, the minimum number of cores is one, and the maximum number of cores is 5. Each of them has PVC compound insulation. All of them are enclosed in a shell of PVC compound with special additives that prevent combustion and smoke formation. The size range is quite wide - the cross-section of TPG lies in the range of 1-240 mm2.
For ease of installation, the insulation of the cores is multi-colored. Phase conductors can be white, red, blue, black and other colors. The ground wire is always yellow-green. And the zero marking is always blue or blue. It is also possible that the insulation is not completely painted, but the alphanumeric designation of each conductor (with cross sections greater than 50 mm²), or a color designation in the form of a strip on a white background.
The cores themselves are made of electrical copper, I can be single-wire (core class 1) in thin cables in the range of sections 1-50 mm² or multi-wire (class 2), if the cross section is in the range of 50-240 mm².
The space between the outer sheath and the veins is filled with PVC-plastic compound, which allows you to give the product a round shape.It performs the function of additional insulation, and during combustion does not emit harmful substances. The thickness of the insulation depends on the voltage for which the cable is designed.
Power conductors must be of equal cross-section, and one ground wire or neutral conductor often has a smaller diameter.
Depending on the design, the cable may be flat, in this case the letter “P” is added in the marking - VVGNG-LS-P, or round if there is no letter “P” (VVGNG-LS).
VVGNG-LS is available for operation in networks with a nominal and maximum voltage of 660/1000 Volts with a frequency of 50 Hz.
The main characteristics of the conductors are determined by the following parameters:
- The permissible load current depends on the diameter of the conductor, while laying conditions are taken into account - in the air or underground, it can be determined according to table 1.3.4 of the EMP (see Chapter 1.3).
- The weight of the cable depends on the cross-section and the nominal insulation thickness, which depends on the operating voltage.
- The resistivity of the conductor (data are taken from the directory, depending on the materials used).
Now we list the main characteristics of the VVGNG-LS cable:
- service life and warranty period of storage - 30 years;
- Warranty period - 5 years;
- the minimum bending radius during installation is 10 diameters for a cable with a single-wire core and 7.5 for a cable with a multi-wire core;
- construction length - 250-400 meters;
- operating temperature - from -50 to + 50˚C;
- temperature limit during installation without additional heating - -15˚С;
- environmental humidity up to 98%;
- allowable pulling forces - 50 N / mm²;
The table below shows the maximum allowable operating temperatures in various modes.
Below are tables describing the dependence of weight on the number of conductors and the outer diameter of the cable.
Purpose and scope
VVGNG-LS is intended for operation in areas with a cold, temperate or tropical climate in dry rooms. However, it is allowed to use it to connect consumers in places of high humidity to rivers, lakes, etc.
Below are examples of what the VVGNG-LS cable is used for:
- In enclosed spaces with normal operating conditions. It can also be used in conditions of high humidity and enterprises with increased fire hazard.
- For outdoor use, a metal or corrugated plastic pipe that is resistant to ultraviolet is used. A cable is placed in the pipe, as his insulation is not resistant to UV radiation. It is impossible to operate it outdoors under direct sunlight without protection.
- In places with adverse conditions - increased vibration, partially flooded rooms in an environment with increased activity.
- In explosive rooms.
Analogs and manufacturers
Today there are numerous enterprises that produce varieties of VVG cable. Therefore, the staff should not have a question, what to replace. Manufacturers produce not only VVGNG-LS, but also its analogues with similar characteristics.
For example, AVVGNG-LS - has the same parameters, the difference is only in the material of the core - in this case it is made of aluminum. Or PvVGng - this cable is distinguished by insulation from thermo-crosslinked polyethylene that does not support combustion.
Manufacturers of cable products of these brands are:
- LLC GK Sevkabel;
- URALKABEL JSC;
- LLC Rybinskkabel;
- JSC Cable Factory Kavkazkabel;
- OJSC NP PODOLSKKABEL;
- LLC “Kaluga cable plant”;
- LLC "Saranskkabel".
This is where we finish considering the characteristics and scope of the VVGNG-LS cable. We hope the information provided was useful to you!