Characteristics and scope of the PRKS wire
The issue of laying wires in places with high temperature and humidity, such as baths, boiler rooms and boiler rooms, must be approached with particular responsibility. The thing is that such operating conditions lead to a deterioration in the insulation of cables and wires. Below we will consider the technical characteristics of the PRKS wire, which is just suitable for the conditions described above.
How the acronym stands
If you decipher the marking of the cable or wire correctly, you can understand a lot of what the product consists of, as well as its technical characteristics and scope. So, the decoding of the PRKS marking is as follows:
- P - wire;
- RK - shell made of silicone rubber;
- C - connecting.
The PRKS wire consists of several multiwire cores made of copper, their number can be from 1 to 5. The cores are connected in a common sheath with a round cross section.
The casing and vein cover are made of a material such as silicon organic rubber. It is used in most high temperature resistant cable products. Requirements for cables with heat-resistant silicon organic rubber are given in GOST R IEC 60245-3-97.
The design of the PRKS wire provides the following parameters and technical characteristics:
- Flexibility class - III;
- Minimum bending radius - 4 outer diameters;
- It complies with the requirements of the "Technical Regulations in the Field of Fire Safety", GOST R 53315-2009 - O184.108.40.206.4. Fire hazard indicator - PRGO 1;
As well as the following operating conditions:
- The rated voltage is 380 and 660V AC with a frequency of up to 400 Hz or 1000V DC.
- Permissible ambient temperature ranges from -60 to +180 degrees Celsius.
- Relative humidity up to 98%.
- Long-term permissible temperature of conductive conductors - +180 degrees Celsius.
- The service life for fixed installation is a minimum of 20 years.
- The service life when connected to non-stationary electrical equipment is 12 years.
- The minimum insulation resistance is standard for cable products for voltages up to 1000V - 0.5 MΩ.
- Permissible currents for wires with copper conductors and rubber insulation are described in PUE tab. 1.3.4.
- Construction length - not less than 100m.
- Resistant to solar radiation, mold, rain, mechanical stress (punching).
By order, manufacturers offer a wire in oil and petrol resistant design, with a permissible temperature of up to 250 degrees Celsius. For rubber, this is a critical factor. It is also possible to produce options with a screen made of aluminum polyethylene tape or polyester lines and any color of coating.
According to TU, there are requirements for the thickness of insulation and shell for various rated voltages, which you can see in the table below.
The wire is produced with a different number of cores (from 1 to 5) with a cross-section of cores in the range from 0.75 sq. mm up to 16 square meters mm When connecting three-phase consumers to the network using PRKS, it will withstand a load of up to 45 kW.
PRKS is manufactured not according to GOST, but according to technical conditions, depending on the manufacturer and year of manufacture, this can be:
- TU 16 K71-379-2007
Due to the design, materials and its technical characteristics, the PRKS wire does not spread combustion.
To calculate the mass for different wire sizes, you can use the following table.
We examined the PRKS device, now let's talk about what this wire is used for.
Description of wire PRKS tells us that its technical characteristics and device allow wiring to lighting devices, sockets and for direct power supply of electrical appliances in conditions of high humidity and temperature. This is his main purpose.
In practice, he found application in electrical installation in saunas, kitchens, cooking shops and other premises, as well as for connecting heating systems, for example, electric furnaces, ovens, dryers, electric grills.
At the same time, there are no regulatory documents restricting its use for stationary or non-stationary connection of power receivers, and a service life of 25 years suggests that the use for electrical wiring is justified.
The best manufacturers and analogues
The PRKS wire is manufactured by a number of enterprises, but the following are more widely used:
- LLC Novomoskovsk Cable Plant, Novomoskovsk
- LLC Rybinskkabel, Rybinsk
- CJSC SPKB Techno, Podolsk
This brand of conductor has analogues designed for use in difficult environmental conditions:
So we examined the characteristics of the PRKS wire. Now you know what this conductor consists of, where it is used and what it can be replaced with!