The main malfunctions of washing machines and how to solve them
- The washing machine started pounding while working
- The washing machine has stopped turning on
- The machine freezes during spin
- Water does not drain from the tank
- The water in the washing machine does not heat up
- The machine vibrates too much during the spin cycle.
- The machine draws water in the off state
The washing machine started pounding while working
If there was always a knock, perhaps it is a matter of design features. If he appeared suddenly, it is worth considering. Perhaps the thing is as follows:
- bearings are out of order;
- the machine was not installed correctly;
- a third-party object got inside the tank;
- the laundry was unevenly distributed over the tank, due to which there was an imbalance, which caused a knock.
Check with a second wash whether knocking will continue (if it is the laundry position). If extraneous sounds continue, it is better to call the master, because in case of a serious malfunction it will be difficult to cope on your own.
The washing machine has stopped turning on
The unit does not respond to buttons and does not show signs of life. What could be the reason:
- there is no voltage in the network;
- the socket to which the machine is connected is faulty;
- the plug is not plugged in;
- the door of the hatch of the machine is not tightly closed;
- control unit is defective;
- problems with the surge protector.
You can independently check whether there is power in the outlet, whether the machine is connected and whether the sunroof is closed. If everything is OK, but the unit does not turn on, call the wizard. In the video below, the master tells what to do if the washing machine does not turn on:
The machine freezes during spin
Spin, as you know, the final stage of washing. If at this moment the device starts to behave unusually. The reasons may be simple:
- a large amount of linen creates an imbalance;
- too large or voluminous thing in the wash;
- the drum, on the contrary, is too lightly loaded;
- wrong washing mode;
- A foreign object has fallen inside.
Modern machines usually cope with the choice of the program themselves. And in the latter case, it is residual to simply extract the item.If this is not the cause of the breakdown, you should contact the master. Since in such situations disassembly of the machine is usually necessary. But before that, evaluate the position of the laundry in the drum, restart the washing program to check and inspect for the presence of third-party things. Also, the cause may be technical malfunctions:
- worn bearings (noises present);
- problems with the drive belt (you can hear a whistle before freezing);
- engine power loss due to worn carbon brushes;
- the tachometer (Hall sensor) failed.
In all of the above situations, a broken component needs to be replaced. The video below provides one of the possible breakdowns and a way to fix it:
Water does not drain from the tank
In this case, the first step should be to turn off the unit and check the drain hose. If it is somewhere too compressed or has bends - the reason is most likely here. If the hose is OK, the problem may be as follows:
- the drain pump filter is clogged (just clean it);
- garbage has accumulated in the pipe, which is responsible for the connection of the pump and tank;
- sewage or siphon clogged.
Repair instructions are provided below:
The water in the washing machine does not heat up
In most cases, the reason is the failure of the heater (heater). This part may break in the following cases:
- the end of life has come to an end (natural wear of the part);
- too hard water;
- mains voltage drops and short circuits;
- accumulation of scale, which destroys the metal base of the heating element;
- failure of the temperature sensor;
- breakdown of the control unit.
What to do if the washing machine does not heat water, look at the video:
The machine vibrates too much during the spin cycle.
If the unit practically walks with a shaker during the spin cycle, there can be many reasons for this phenomenon. Among the most common:
- uneven floor and, as a result, the unstable position of the machine;
- loose fasteners or breakage of the counterweight;
- the bolts that secure the drum have not been removed;
- rubber shock absorbers are worthless;
- Too much laundry is loaded.
First of all, you need to check the stability of the unit and the number of things in the tank. If the floor in the room is uneven, the installation is best done at a level so that the machine stands clearly perpendicular to the surface. Also, the legs of the machine can be unscrewed, so it is worth checking their fastening. Do not overload the machine with laundry, it is better to break a large amount of things into two washings. As well as, however, throwing a couple of things into the drum - in this case, the unit simply will not be able to correctly distribute the load.
What to do if the washing machine vibrates, is described in the video tutorial:
The machine draws water in the off state
This problem can become quite serious and threaten with a flood - both in your apartment and at the neighbors below if enough water is collected. The fact is that if water is poured onto the floor, then protection against leakage will not help, since its sensors are installed in the unit sump. Causes:
- a problem with the water supply valve;
- the siphon valve is out of order or missing;
- The drainage system is clogged, causing water to flow back into the drum through a hose.
First of all, you need to shut off the water supply and turn off the machine itself, disconnecting it from the mains. Only then can you begin inspection and repair. In case of problems with the valve, it is enough to replace it with a new one, since it cannot be repaired. This simple procedure can be done on your own.
To prevent such situations, it is important to follow simple rules:
- shut off the water supply after each wash;
- leakage prevention system is better to put separately on the floor;
- install an anti-siphon valve, which will prevent the outflow of water back into the drum.
If you are not sure that you know the exact reason and can determine it, immediately call the wizard.Often inept repairs can entail much greater expenses than timely intervention by a specialist. We examined the main malfunctions of washing machines and their removal with our own hands! If you have questions, ask them in the comments under the article!
Oh, familiar ... We bought a brand new hotpoint last year, they set it up, turned it on - it knocks. They were very upset, because they wanted so, they called the masters. Well, it turned out that we are dumb))) Set the car on a crooked floor. In general, then in the bath the tile was redone, everyone was leveled, put back and it works like our watch’s watch))
Thank you great for information