How to replace a heater in a dishwasher - 10 steps to success
First of all, before replacing you should prepare a small set of tools, which includes:
- flat and Phillips screwdriver;
In addition, you need a new heater, which you must purchase in advance. Please note that heating elements are non-separable (fixed in the heating block) and collapsible. If there are no fasteners on the case, it means in your case the first version and you will have to replace the entire unit. Sometimes it is enough to dismantle the heater from the heating block and replace only the heater itself.
So that the whole technology of replacing the heating element in the dishwasher is understandable for you, we will provide it in the form of step-by-step instructions. Please note that different models of equipment may have slightly different fastenings, but in general the disassembly sequence is approximately the same.
So, all the work consists of the following 10 steps:
- Unplug the dishwasher, disconnect the water supply hose and drain.
- Open the door and remove the dish trays so that they do not interfere with the replacement.
- Remove the sprayer that is installed on the bottom of the dishwasher. To do this, pull the sprayer up.
- Unscrew the filter installed under the sprayer, immediately remove the mesh from the stainless steel.
- Remove the screws that hold the pipe and the heating unit itself.
- Turn the dishwasher upside down and allow access to the heating element. If the dishwasher is freestanding, you need to remove the back wall, if built-in - the bottom panel.
- Remove the pump. To do this is quite simple - you just need to unscrew it clockwise and pull it to the side. Everything is done without much effort. Do not forget to disconnect the sensor, a collar and a branch pipe.
- Put your hand under the body and dismantle the rubber fasteners holding the heater, as well as the hose.
- Carefully remove the inoperative heater.
- Replace the heater with a new one and reassemble the dishwasher in the reverse order.
The video below clearly shows how to replace the heating element: