MGShV wire characteristics
The labeling of domestic cable products contains information about what the product consists of. Accordingly, this data is sufficient to determine most of its technical characteristics, because the parameters, in general, depend on the materials used in the production. How MGHSV wire marking is decrypted:
- M - mounting, talks about what it is intended for - for installation works inside any devices, for example.
- G - flexible, speaks of the flexibility class of conductive core 4. This is a very soft wire.
- Ш - material of the first layer of insulation - silk. The thickness of silk threads is determined by the technical condition and may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. But this insulation was used in Soviet times, now it is mainly polyester fibers. Such insulation is needed both as a dielectric and as a mechanical protection for thin wires of conductors. Not much effect on flexibility.
- B - material of the second layer of insulation - PVC.
- E - indicates the presence of a screen. MGShV and MGShVE is a wire without and with a screen. A shielded version is available with 2 and 3 conductive wires.
For the construction of the MGShV wire, it is characteristic that it is produced with a cross-sectional area of 0.12 square meters. mm to 1.5. Tinned veins, this protects them from oxidation and improves contact quality. The silk coating improves the insulating properties, while not degrading the mobility and flexibility of the wire.
The screen is also made of tinned copper cores with a diameter of at least 0.15 mm. It serves as additional mechanical protection, but its main property is protection against electrical interference. The screen prevents signal distortion that occurs under the influence of electromagnetic interference.
The cores can be of various colors - this is necessary for convenience during installation and maintenance of the electronic device. Example of insulation colors MGSHV and their letter designations:
- White or gray - B.
- Yellow, Orange, Purple - J.
- Pink, red - K.
- Blue or cyan - C.
- Green - Z.
- Brown - CZK.
- Black - Ch.
The technical characteristics of the MGShV wire differ from the usual electric wires, primarily in the size range of the cross-sections of conductive conductors. Below is a table of sections and nominal resistance of wire conductors:
|Cross-sectional area TPG, sq. mm||Nominal impedance Ohm / km|
Veins with such a small cross-section have an already high class of flexibility, while allowing connections to be made in cramped conditions, with a low probability of damage.
Next, we consider in which network and in what conditions the MGShV wire can work.
- Nominal voltage - 380V for a conductive current of 0.12 square meters. mm and 1000V for large sections, direct or alternating current with a frequency of up to 10 kHz, and 500 and 1500V direct current, respectively. The tests are carried out by a short-term voltage supply of 2000 V.
- Service life - 10-15 years, with an operating time of at least 10,000 hours.
- Temperature range - from -50 to +70 degrees Celsius (short-term up to +150).
- Withstand sinusoidal vibrations with a frequency of up to 5000 Hz and mechanical influences.
- Atmospheric pressure: lowered to 0.000333 Pa and increased to 295 kPa.
- It does not support combustion in a single installation.
- The electrical resistance of the shell is 20 MΩ at 20 degrees, and at 70 - 1 MΩ.
- Electrical resistance of conductors - for a minimum cross section of 0.12 square meters. mm - 155 Ohm / km. For maximum - 1.5 square meters. mm - 15 Ohm / km.
Such characteristics allow you to work even if frost on the wires is affected by fog, dew, mold, sunlight, naturally, within certain limits. During transportation and installation of dimensional products, the weight of the MGShV wire will be important to you, check out the table:
|Section, sq. mm||Weight kg / km|
An interesting characteristic of the MGShV wire is its flexibility, small cross-sections and the presence of a shielded version in the model range, but why is such a wire needed? All this made him especially interesting for developers of electronic equipment and radio enthusiasts.
In electronics, MGShV is used for interblock connections. The shielded version is used for communication lines and transmission of measuring signals. At the same time, we should not forget that it is not worth using the MBMW in circuits with frequencies of more than 10 kHz - on it its scope ends.
In the domestic market, all manufacturers of cables are, in principle, equal. But for MGSHV we can distinguish:
- LLC "Kama cable", Perm
- JSC Uralcable, LLC KhKA, Yekaterinburg
- Sibcable JSC, KhKA LLC, Tomsk
At the same time, if you did not find the MGShV wire, then you can look for more affordable analogues:
This concludes our review of the characteristics and applications of the MGShV wire. We hope the information provided was useful and interesting for you!
It will be useful to read: