Characteristics and scope of the reclosure wire
We begin the description of the reclosure wire by decrypting the abbreviation. Patriotic cable product labeling usually consists of several letters. Each of them has its own meaning and indicates the composition and characteristics of the product. How is AR marking deciphered? It is decrypted as follows:
- A - core material, aluminum;
- P - type of product, wire;
- B - insulation material, PVC.
There is always a figure after marking - this is the number of cores and their cross-sectional area. If the number is one, then this is only the cross-sectional area. The reclosure wire is always single-core with a single layer of insulation.
Example: APV 4 - the cross-sectional area of the conductive core is 4 square meters. mm
Let's talk about what the reclosure installation wire consists of. The design is quite simple, it consists of one single-wire (monolithic, rigid) conductive core of aluminum up to 16 square meters. mm AR with a cross section lived 25-35 square meters. mm - from twisted 7 wires.
This makes the thick wire more flexible, which increases the convenience when working with it. With cross-sections of veins from 50 square meters. mm twist no less than 19 wires.
Increasing flexibility through the use of a multi-wire core design reduces the risk of breaking the cable, making it more convenient during installation, and making connections.
The insulation thickness also depends on the cross-sectional area of the TPG, for example:
- with a cross section from 2.5 to 6 (inclusive), the nominal insulation thickness is 0.8 mm, and the minimum is 0.62 mm;
- at 10-16 square meters. mm, nominal - 1 mm, and minimum - 0.8 mm;
- 25-35 sq. mm, nominal - 1.2 mm, and the minimum 0.98 mm;
- 50 sq. mm, nominal 1.4 mm, minimum 1.15 mm.
For convenience and clarity, when working with the assembled circuit, the wires can have various color marking, either plain or in the form of two multi-colored stripes (on request). The following are typical insulation colors with a letter abbreviation (used to indicate the color on the diagram):
- White or gray - B.
- Yellow, Orange, Purple - J.
- Pink, red - K.
- Blue or cyan - C.
- Green - Z.
- Brown - CZK.
- Black - Ch.
- Green-yellow (ground colors, striped) - Zh-Z or Z-Zh.
Description of characteristics
Let's look at the main technical characteristics of the reclosure wire, this will help to understand why it is needed.
- Number of cores - 1.
- Flexibility class 1 or 2.
- Type of core - aluminum, single-wire or multi-wire (1-19) for large sections.
- Service life - PVC insulation usually lasts more than 15 years, provided that the line is not exposed to ultraviolet radiation, excessive heat, and cold.
- The cross-sectional range is 2.5-150 sq. mm
- Rated voltages - up to 1000V.
- Permissible AC frequency 400 Hz.
- Installation temperature is not lower than -15 degrees Celsius.
- Operating temperature -50 ... + 70 degrees Celsius.
- Permissible relative humidity of 100% at +35 degrees Celsius.
- A reduced atmospheric pressure of 53 kPa and increased to 290 kPa.
- The insulation does not crack at a temperature of 150 degrees Celsius, does not deform at 70 degrees.
- Minimum bending radius of at least 10 outer diameters of the wire.
- At a temperature of 20 degrees Celsius, the core has a specific resistance of not more than 0.02800 Ohm * mm2 / m.
- Insulation resistance at 20 C, MOhm / km, not less than: 1.
Allowable conditions for other parameters:
- Resistance to sinusoidal vibration with a frequency of 1-2000 Hz with an acceleration amplitude of up to 200 m * s-2.
- Acoustic noise exposure with a frequency of 50 Hz - 10 kHz, up to 160 dB sound pressure.
- Resistance to shocks with peak acceleration up to 15000 m * s-2, with a duration of this impact of 0.1-2 ms or multiple impact with acceleration of 1500 m * s-2, with a duration of 1-5 ms.
- To linear accelerations up to 1000 m * s-2.
- Insulation resistant to mold.
The table below contains sections of popular wires of the АПВ and ПВ type:
The characteristics of the automatic reclosure wire allow it to be laid in electrical cabinets and panels. This conductor is great for switchboard assemblies. Often found in control panels and button posts. In general, the field of application is suitable for many types of stationary connections.
The AR wire can also be used, for example, for stationary connection of auxiliary and working equipment, such as a cable for concrete warming up. Sometimes it is used with a one-time connection as an extension cord to a power source (welding machine or mobile TP).
If there is a need to perform external wiring - to lay the reclosure wire you need to use trays, boxes, cable channels and more. This is needed for protect insulation from mechanical damage, for example, grinding, and also for protection against ultraviolet radiation.
For the same reason, the automatic reclosure is not suitable for overhead lines, but if you need wires to enter the house, for example, when connecting to the power cable outdoors SIPthen it is possible to lay the recloser in a PVC corrugation or metal hose.
- Instead of AR, you can use copper PV-1, it is closer than others in flexibility (PV-3, PV-4) to him.
- AVVG - This is a cable with double PVC insulation, available with a different number of cores, the most popular are 3 and 4 pcs. If individual aluminum conductors are needed, you can simply remove the outer sheath from the cable.
- APPV is a flat wire with monolithic cores; there can be 2 or three cores enclosed in PVC insulation and laid in one plane. The insulation layer is one.
Among manufacturers of automatic recycle wires, all representatives are in demand. But in terms of prevalence, one can distinguish:
- LLC Rybinskkabel, Rybinsk.
- Samara Cable Company JSC, Samara.
- LLC Siberian Cable Factory, Tomsk.
It is these factories that manufacture more or less high-quality cable products at affordable prices.
Finally, we recommend watching a video on the topic of the article:
So we examined the characteristics, scope and purpose of the reclosure wire. We hope the information provided was useful to you!