The cheapest electric home heating
Why electric heaters?
You will immediately wonder why classical water or stove heating of rooms is not considered? The answer is simple - this is due to the fact that installation and maintenance work for approximately the same money will be minimized.
Now we will provide several reasons why it is obvious that the best and most economical heating system for a private house is electric.
- Electric power heaters are silent, do not require additional resources (coal, wood, liquid fuel) and also do not pollute the atmosphere. This suggests that in a private house there is no need to have a place in the hut for fuel, to make a chimney, and besides, to annoy soot every year. It is enough to connect the system to the network and enjoy the heat.
- Installation of the entire electric heating system does not require huge initial financial contributions. For example, the installation of a water heating main is carried out once. A project is being created, all pipes, radiators, a boiler, and also additional automation are purchased. To do part of the work (for example, in one room), and if you have money, you will not be able to complete the project over time, and if it succeeds, then there will be many problems. It will be necessary to drain the water, crash into the finished line, etc. In the case of electric heaters, everything is much simpler. You can install equipment in each room separately as you make money. At the end of spring, buy convectors for the bedroom, later - for the kitchen, bathroom, etc.
- There are many ways today. save on energy consumption. Of course, this option requires considerable costs, but rest assured, over time they will pay for themselves. The most popular is the installation of economicaldouble tariff metersas well as solar panels on the roof of the house.
- Boiler connection, a boiler or even a convector can be done with your own hands, significantly saving money on the call of the master.
As you can see, electric heating in a private house really outperforms alternative options, so installing such a system is quite profitable.
To your attention, a video example of creating a cheap and at the same time effective autonomous system:
Heating system options
So, we will consider the existing equipment that will make electric heating in the house economical and cheap.
Installation of an electric boiler, which will heat the water in the home heating system, warming the room, is the first, least effective option. Of course, on the Internet you can see a bunch of information that talks about economical boilers that can reduce consumption by up to 80%, but all this is nonsense. The only way to reduce costs is to install temperature controllers and various automation, which will turn on only when the temperature drops in the room, as well as at a certain time of the day. All other talk about new product designs or reduced power is just an advertising move. If you buy a small-capacity boiler, it will take him more time to heat the water to heat the house, so that’s why.
Using IR Panels
Installation of infrared heaters more reasonable solution and, most likely, the most profitable. The fact is that these products do not heat the air in the room, but certain objects (floor, walls, cabinet), from which heat is transferred in the future. If in the previous version the hot air rises to the ceiling and immediately cools, then in this case the heat is directed to the floor, which is more reasonable (people do not walk on the ceiling).
You see everything yourself, so there is nothing more to prove. It should only be noted that infrared devices can work more efficiently if you add temperature controllers to them. One regulator is enough to control three heaters in the economical heating system of a private house. About, how to connect the thermostat to an infrared heater, we told in a separate article.
Many manufacturers argue that an electric convector effectively heats the room and at the same time consumes a small amount of electricity. The question is of course debatable, because, in fact, the principle of operation of the products is similar to the version with radiators (air rises). The advantage of convectors is that their installation and connection are not difficult. In addition, the heating of the heating element is about one minute, which is undoubtedly faster than in the case of water radiators.
Among the other advantages of electroconvectors are:
- low cost (from 2 to 10 thousand);
- fire safety (which is especially relevant for installation of heating in a wooden house);
- you can gradually increase the heating system (one convector for a room is not enough, buy another one and connect it to the network without problems);
- attractive appearance;
- trouble-free operation during power surges (in the private sector is also relevant);
- compact sizes.
Separately, I would like to recommend you to study such a heating option as electric underfloor heating. You can find feedback on this heating system by watching the video:
We analyzed customer reviews that took advantage of this option and saw that most people were happy with the purchase. The main thing is to additionally install a temperature regulator to make economical electric heating in the house with your own hands.
Installation of underfloor heating
Another modern and effective way of economical heating at home is the use of electric heating mats. They are laid under the floor covering and warm the room through the floor. As a result, warm air rises, completely warming the room. It is better to install the underfloor heating system in combination with an additional source of heating, for example, IR panels.
Which option is better to bypass?
We talked about cheap and effective systems for economical heating of a private house, but we would also like to note the most costly options that you need to bypass. The top of the ranking is occupied by oil radiators. They are known to everyone because they have high power, so when working in winter you can see a noticeable increase in electricity consumption.
Not only do these products have high power, but also their heating efficiency is very weak. For example, an infrared panel of the same dimensions and the same power will quickly make a house warm, so it is better to give preference to it.
In addition, an infrared heater is installed on the ceiling or wall, thereby not occupying free space, which cannot be said about electric radiators.
Another not recommended option is fan heaters. These devices not only burn oxygen, but also “chase dust”, and also make noise. The effectiveness of their use is not too great, because between the ceiling and the floor, the temperature may vary by several degrees, despite the fact that the power of the products is high (from 1.5 kW).
How to increase efficiency and reduce costs?
Just buying an economical electric heater and installing it in a country house is only half the battle. Moreover, it is far from a fact that as a result of work you can be convinced of the significant efficiency of the economical heating system made. The reason for this may be poor insulation of the room. All kinds of gaps, gaps in the windows and even the absence of insulation on the walls contributes to the rapid cooling of the room. It has been proven more than once that with high-quality insulation of walls and ceilings, heating efficiency can grow up to 80%, although usually this figure reaches 40%.
Another important nuance is the use of automation. For example, if there is no one at home all day (everyone works), then there is no point in heating the rooms. It would be more correct to install a controller that will turn on the heaters an hour or two before your arrival. This time will be enough to fully heat the premises.
It is also necessary to correctly draft a cost-effective heating system for a private house, selecting the power and installation location of the heaters. Well, the last of the most effective solutions is to install a multi-tariff meter. This device allows you to save electricity at night, during which the heater will work.
To summarize, I would like to note that the cheapest electric heating system is convectors and infrared panels. We hope that the information was useful and interesting for you!