Characteristics of LED strip for home
So, the main parameters of LED strips are:
- Type of device used. This indicator is considered the most important that is used in the manufacture of devices. There are several types of LEDs: SMD 5050, 3028, 5050 RGB, etc. Light travels at an angle of 120 to 160 degrees. According to the size, you can determine the number of crystals. So, for example, a chip with dimensions of 30x28 has only one crystal, and 50x50 has 3 crystals. From this it is clear that the light source will glow brighter where there are three crystals (almost 2.5-3 times). But at the same time, do not forget that with a larger glow, more electric energy will be consumed, and accordingly heat. And if the diode bulb will overheat, it will significantly reduce its life.
- The color of the glow. This technical characteristic is considered important due to the fact that today the markets sell strips of various colors and, when buying a certain color, you need to know some nuances. As for white, you should know that such an LED strip does not exist. For this, a blue crystal is used, on which a phosphor is applied. Over time, the element fades and the crystal begins to shine with a bluish tint. The disadvantages of such devices include the fact that they are not able to work for a long time. Brightness decreases by almost a third with constant year-round operation. There are two shades of white: cold and warm light. The multi-colored LED strip with RGB three chips (red, green and blue) has a separate power system, so that each color is controlled separately. Such a diode strip is connected using four wires, not two.
- The number of LEDs per meter. The total power consumption depends on how many diodes will be located on the strip. As a rule, an LED strip with 60 LEDs per meter is used. The technical specifications of each device underline how much power exists in the strip. Power can be indicated by running meter or when the entire length of the applied strip is taken into account.
- Device dimensions (length). As a rule, an LED strip is used for the house, the parameters of which are 5 meters.
- Color tone. The range of shades ranges from 2700 (warm color) to 6500 (cold light).
- Security class. Thanks to this class, you can find out where the LEDs are allowed to be installed. For example, the highest class is IP 65-68. It can be installed in water. Read more about IP degree of protection You can find out from our article.
- Cutting parameters. Each diode strip has a specific cutting pitch. This technical characteristic implies that each model of the device has its own width of the MDS module. Due to this design, you can cut the strip only in a specially designated place (the place of the cut is indicated in the picture below).
- Working voltage. Voltage parameters The LED strip has the following: 12, 24 or 220 volts. The most commonly used LED is 12 volts. 24 V is used for more powerful analogs.
- Base color. Due to the fact that the strip has several colors, it can be selected according to the color of the base on which it will be glued.
In our separate article, we talked in detail about how to choose LED strip for home. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the material provided.
Now we will consider the main parameters of the most popular types of LED strips. The technical characteristics of the model SMD 5050 has its own characteristics, which attract customers. An LED strip is bought to highlight a specific item, for example, concealed ceiling lighting. Therefore, it is necessary to carefully study the characteristics of each element and the parameters of the object on which the backlight will be installed.
Technical characteristics of the strip SMD 5050:
- 30, 60 or 120 LEDs per meter;
- operating voltage of 12 volts;
- a variety of shades of glow;
- radiation angle of 120 degrees;
- temperature limits range from -40 to + 80 degrees;
- The segment consists of three LEDs.
The second popular type of diode strip is 3528, its characteristics are as follows:
- operating voltage 12/24 V;
- glow angle - 120 degrees;
- operating temperature ranges between -40 and + 85 degrees.
- number of LEDs per meter: 60, 120, 180 or 240.
- PCB color: white, black, yellow, brown.
Specifications of 5630 LED Strip:
- lighting angle - 120 degrees;
- LED temperature limit up to +85 degrees;
- supply voltage is 12 V;
Model 2835 has the following options:
- operating voltage is 12-24 Volts;
- number of LEDs per meter: 30, 60, 120;
- temperature limit from -30 to +60
° C .;
- luminous flux up to 100 Lumens;
- current strength ranges from 60 to 300 mA.
LED strip 5730, its technical specifications (LEDs):
Finally, we recommend that you watch the video, which compares the characteristics of LED strips of various types:
So we examined the parameters and technical characteristics of LED strips. We hope the material provided was useful to you!
We also recommend reading: