Characteristics of the PuGV wire
The letter designation of the conductor implies its purpose and design, in the case of PuGV:
- P - wire;
- U - installation;
- G - flexible, denotes a multi-wire core, another wire with the PuV marking has a single-wire rigid core with other similar characteristics;
- B - PVC insulation.
The wire is made only in a single-core version. In addition, the letters "ng" and "-ls" can be added, which indicate that the product does not spread combustion and emits a small amount of smoke, respectively.
PuGV wire is made of a set of copper cores of 7 pieces or more, twisted together. To ensure the proper class of flexibility with increasing cross-sectional area, the number of these cores also increases. Insulation is used from a material that is quite common for modern cable production - polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Thus, it was possible to obtain a flexible conductor with high-quality and durable single-layer insulation. The insulation is marked, the distance between the signs does not exceed 500 mm. The product must comply with GOST 31947-2012.
Insulation color can be almost any, including for ground wires a yellow-green option is provided.
Description of characteristics
The PuGV wire has rather typical specifications for its design:
- AC voltage 450 / 750V with a frequency of up to 400 Hz.
- DC voltage up to 1000V.
- The temperature range is acceptable for operation from -50 to +75 degrees Celsius with humidity up to 98%.
- The temperature at which it is allowed to carry out installation work not lower than -15 degrees Celsius.
- Bending radius of at least 5 external diameters.
- The maximum temperature that insulation can be exposed to is 160 degrees Celsius.
- A number of sections lived from 0.5 to 400 square meters. mm
- The warranty service life is 15 years, while the actual life of the product greatly depends on the conditions in which it operates. For example, with open laying and direct exposure to ultraviolet radiation, precipitation, and other effects of natural phenomena, the service life drops sharply up to 2 years.
- Suitable for climate zone UHL.
- Flexibility class - 5.
- When single laying does not spread combustion.
The wire is sold in bays, the construction length is from 100 m, although the actual length in the bay depends on the company at which PuGV was made, and on the supplier or store.In the table below you see the weight of the wire per 1 km of length for various cross-sections, sizes, as well as a cross-section table for the installation wire PuGV.
Let's see where PuGV is applied. Its characteristics allow the use of wires for the installation of electrical panels, lighting lines and for fixed connection as power conductors. It is also convenient to use for assembling shields. Such a characteristic as a flexibility class, and for PuGV it is 5, allows you to connect and assemble circuits in hard-to-reach places, including for connecting power and signal circuits inside electronic devices.
It is great for assembling circuits inside chandeliers or fixtures, provided that their lamps do not get too hot and the devices themselves will not be installed in rooms with high temperatures. In the latter case, it is better to use RKGM heat-resistant wire.
Also, a high class of flexibility allows the use of a conductor for non-stationary installation of electrical equipment. However, for these purposes, it is still better to use wires with several multi-wire cores and double insulation, for example, PVA or Ball screw. Their characteristics imply greater protection against mechanical damage, and two layers of insulation reduce the likelihood of short circuits and sparking.
When laying the external method, PuGV must be laid in cable channels or corrugated pipesto eliminate the possibility of mechanical damage and cracking of the insulation under the influence of ultraviolet radiation.
Flexibility allows you to organize metal communications with the moving parts of electrical panels (enclosures with doors).
Analogs and best manufacturers
Most domestic manufacturers produce installation wires of good quality, however, the following leaders can be distinguished among them:
- Power cable;
This concludes the description of the characteristics of the PuGV wire. Now you know what this wire consists of, where it is used and what it is for. We hope the information provided was useful to you!