Choosing a reliable induction cooker for the home
Overview of modern features and capabilities
To choose the stove with induction heating, first you need to find out what functions may be present in a particular model. Modern hobs include the following set of useful features:
- Type of control: sensor, slider or magnetic switches. If you want to choose the best tile for the price and quality, the touch panel will be the best option. A slider is more convenient, but the cost of such an option is more expensive. The switches are already “moving away” and are practically not used in modern induction panels.
- Number and size of burners. Here you must decide for yourself how many cooking zones will suit you. For giving it is enough to choose an induction hob with two burners. For a house and an apartment, especially if the family is large, you need to choose at least 4 heating zones. The size is also very important when choosing - focusing on dishes, buy a tabletop with a suitable size of burners, so that you do not have to change your kitchen set.
- Universality. There is a combined version of the cooking surface - when several gas burners, and several induction. A very useful opportunity if you do not completely trust the modern method of cooking or sometimes prefer to cook on gas.
- Visual designation of work areas. On some models of stoves, hobs are highlighted in a different color, and on some, the entire surface is plain (the pan can be placed on any area). According to reviews on the forums, the first version is still more convenient for the hostesses, which is why we recommend choosing it. Modern manufacturers of induction cookers install displays on the burner circuit on expensive models. With their help, you can immediately see at any time at what capacity a particular zone is currently working, as well as how much time is left before preparing a dish.
- Timer features. The standard option - the sound signal after a specified time has been improved by a more intelligent mode - the induction stove can automatically turn off after cooking. Of course, for this function you will overpay more, so if you do not need it, try to choose a simpler hob.
- Keeping warm. When we considered home cooker tips, then they talked about a very useful feature of household appliances - maintaining heat for a selected period of time. If you want a warm dinner for the rest of the family, we recommend choosing a stove with the function of keeping warm.
- Possibility to pause cooking. In other words, “pause” - if you need to get distracted and leave the kitchen for a short while by turning on the pause, you can be calm that nothing wrong with the hob will happen at the time of your absence. A useful opportunity, but if you need to choose an inexpensive induction cooker, you will have to abandon the model with this mode.
- Funtsia Booster (or PowerBoost). A very useful addition that allows you to increase the power of one of the burners by an order of magnitude for quick cooking or boiling water. When this mode is activated, the power on the adjacent burners will decrease, so be careful.
- Surface material. The eternal struggle of glass ceramics and tempered glass. The first version is more expensive, but at the same time, glass ceramic is stronger. Want to choose a cheaper induction stove for your home? We recommend that you choose a model with a tempered glass surface, but use it with extreme caution.
- Energy efficiency class. An equally important criterion for choosing an induction stove for a house and a summer residence. To save energy on cooking, try to find a tile with an energy efficiency class of "A" or "A +". There are no suitable models - read how to save electricity at home in other ways. By the way, in some induction hobs there is such a function as “Power Management”. With it, you can set an economical mode of operation.
- The number of heating adjustment ranges. As a rule, no more than 16 are enough. For 20 ranges you will pay correspondingly more, but do you need so much? Better think about it, so as not to overpay once again.
- Child protection. If the family has a small child, it is better to choose an induction hob with a high level of security - button lock. Did children grow up? Then you can not overpay and choose a simpler version.
That's all, the most important criteria for choosing an inexpensive but good induction cooker. Take into account the recommendations provided in order to buy a suitable version for a house, apartment or cottage, while not overpaying the money. We also recommend watching the video review below to visually see the main features and advantages of modern induction hobs for the kitchen.
Rating of the best brands and models
According to multiple surveys on forums on the Internet, we have provided the 2018 ranking of the most reliable induction panels. So, to your attention the best quality manufacturers of household appliances and their best models, which you can safely choose for a house or a summer residence.
Bosch. Bosch has established itself as a fairly well-known, time-tested manufacturer of electric stoves of various classes (from budget to luxury). One of the best cookers for a large family is Bosch PIE631FB1E. For a relatively low price, you will become the owner of a surface with 4 rings, a protective shutdown function and convenient touch controls. If you decide to choose this Bosch model, approach with responsibility connecting the hobbecause maximum power exceeds 7 kW.
Electrolux. One of the most popular models of Electrolux induction cookers is Electrolux EGD 6576 NOK, the appearance of which is shown in the photo below. All the necessary functions are present. Since 2017, the demand for this model of induction hob has practically not fallen, so we give it a well-deserved place in the ranking. By the way, this hob is combined: two induction hobs, and 2 gas hobs, which is very convenient.
Zanussi. Zanussi technique is famous for its quality and ease of execution.If you want to choose a good induction panel for your home, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the Zanussi ZEI 5680 FB stove. Four burners, a child lock, an easy-to-clean surface and a safety shut-off function are only part of the benefits. It fully justifies its price, so it makes sense to choose a Zanussi ZEI 5680 FB.
Hansa. Want to choose a modern induction hob of low power? Hansa BHI68608 will be an excellent option, even if the house has old wiring. Its power is 3.7 kW, which is almost 2 times less than that of other compared kitchen surfaces. Despite this, this model from the Hans company is equipped with a function for protecting against children, recognition of dishes, four rings and other equally important features. We recommend choosing Hansa BHI68608 for a summer residence, but still you should not joke with the old wiring. About how yourself replace wiring in the house we told.
Hotpoint-Ariston. Hotpoint-Ariston KIA 640 C closes our TOP-5 of the best induction cookers of 2018. For the price and quality, this is one of the best options for home and apartment. By functions, this plate is similar to the previous participants in the list.
So we have provided a small rating of surfaces with induction for the kitchen. We hope that now you know how to choose an induction hob in 2018, and what functions a modern purchase should have. We are waiting for your own reviews about the purchased plates, so that other visitors will find out what analogues there are to these TOP-5 and how much they justify their price!
We advise you to read: