Technical specifications of the PVA wire
Among the design features of the PVA wire, it is worth highlighting:
- number of cores - 2, 3, 4, 5;
- the outer diameter of the cores from 5.7 to 13.9 mm;
- cross section: minimum - 0.5, maximum - 25 mm2 (the first and last size is used extremely rarely);
- core insulation - PVC, as well as the outer protective sheath;
- core structure - copper, multiwire, flexible (class 5 according to GOST 7399-97);
- wire color marking Present and compliant
- the mass ranges from 54 to 256 kg / km.
You can clearly see these parameters of the PVA wire in the table:
Among the main operational indicators of the PVA wire, there are:
- operating (rated) voltage up to 660 V;
- frequency of electric current 50 Hz;
- operating temperature from -25 to +40aboutC, while electrical installation can be carried out at a temperature not lower than -15aboutWITH;
- maximum temperature of veins no more than +70aboutWITH;
- the service life is up to 10 years, while the warranty period is 2 years, and if the conductor is used with frequent excesses, the service life can be reduced to 6 years;
- operating life of 30,000 cycles or 60,000 movements (in this case, bends) at rated voltage.
It should also be noted that if the letter “T” - PVS-T is attached to the abbreviation, this means that the wire has a tropical design, which makes it resistant to mold damage.
Visual video review:
As for the scope of application of the PVA wire, here you need to dwell in more detail. It is unlikely that you know that in most modern electrical appliances, connection is made using this conductor. Outwardly, he can resemble VVGng cable and many other products. In domestic conditions, PVA is used to repair an electrical appliance by replacing its cord with a new one (a conductor with a marking of 3x 2.5 or 3x 1.5 is most often used). The photo shows how the wire was used to connect the chandelier, stretching it under the plaster.
You can easily do-it-yourself extension cordusing just this flexible conductor to connect.
The main thing before you decide to buy a product, carefully implement conductor cross section calculation power and current to select the most suitable core diameter.
It is highly discouraged to use the PVA wire for stationary wiring in the apartment and house, because of its shortcomings, such as:
- The product is not intended for use as wiring, which is associated with a short service life and low fireproof properties.
- The decoding of the marking itself indicates that the wire is intended only for connection.
- For about the same price you can buy a more preferred analogue.
At the same time, the rules of the PUE and GOST do not stipulate a ban on the use of this option for laying concealed wiring, connecting sockets or even grounding. If you still decide to use just such a product, take care of the correct choice of the cross-section of the cores, and also that the line does not pass on the street, because the temperature regime of use is quite limited. No one puts PVA wire into the ground, because We have already emphasized above that its purpose does not apply to street laying of the line.
You should also pay attention to the fact that the cores are multi-wire, therefore, before connecting them to electrical appliances, it is necessary to tinning.
It is impossible to say with accuracy that one or another manufacturer of PVA wire is the most high-quality and optimal in price. This is due to many factors, such as the huge number of fakes on the market, the remoteness of the region from the city in which the factory is located, etc.
We advise you when choosing your own determine the cross section of the wirebecause sometimes it may differ from the cipher that is indicated on the isolation (for example, instead of 2x 2.5 it will be 2x2.35). As a result, you can become not only deceived, but also injured if the line fails during current overloads.
If you believe the reviews on the Internet, then the most high-quality manufacturer is the Kolchuginsky plant.
That's all I wanted to tell you about the technical characteristics of the PVA wire. We hope that the information was useful and interesting for you!