Technical characteristics of ШВВП cord
How to decipher the marking?
In fact, the abbreviation stands for:
- W - cord;
- In - a sheath of veins from polyvinyl chloride;
- B - the outer shell of polyvinyl chloride;
- P is flat.
As you can see, this type of conductor cannot be called either a cable or a wire. So that in the future you can immediately determine the type of conductor in front of you by abbreviation, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with decoding the marking of wires and cables!
So, this electric cord has the following design:
- Current-carrying conductors are copper, round cross section, multiwire (clearly visible in the photo).
- Number of cores 2 or 3.
- The arrangement of the wires is parallel to each other.
- Color marking complies with GOST standards: zero is blue, phase is brown. If the cord is three-core (for example, ШВВП 3 * 1,5), the insulation of the third core is painted in yellow-green color and is used as grounding.
The main operational indicators, in other words, the technical characteristics of the ballscrew, are represented by the following values:
- rated voltage - 220/380 Volts;
- rated frequency of alternating current oscillations - 50 Hz;
- peak voltage (up to 15 minutes) - 2000 Volts;
- core section 0.35 to 2.5 mm2;
- service life from 6 to 15 years;
- Warranty period of operation 2 years;
- electrical resistivity per 1 km of the cord - not more than 270 Ohms;
- operating temperature (working) - from -40 to +40aboutWITH;
- installation is allowed at an ambient temperature from -10 to +30aboutWITH;
- minimum permissible bending radius of conductors - 30 mm2;
- permissible current load (long-term current) - depends on the cross-section of the cores (for example, with a size of 2 * 0.75 mm2 is 6 Amps).
- weight from 0.026 to 0.049 kg per 1 meter of length.
As you can see, the characteristics of ballscrews make it possible to use this cord for electrical work, both outdoors and indoors. About where this type of conductor is used in relation to the house, we will talk further.
Due to the fact that the cross-section of the cores of the ball screw is usually less than 2.5 mm2, it cannot be used to connect powerful electrical appliances.Despite the fact that the maximum cross-section of the wires allows you to connect some electrical appliances with a power of 1-2 kW using a ball screw, most often at home use the following cord sizes: 2 * 0.5; 2 * 0.75; 2 * 1.5; 3 * 0.75; 3 * 1.5.
Typically, the scope of the ball screw is as follows:
- Used to connect low-power appliances: kettle, table lamp, radio equipment, etc. Some craftsmen make “carrying” with the help of this electric wire. If you suddenly decided do-it-yourself extension cord, better choose a more reliable analogue - PVA wire.
- It is used in the installation of lighting, both outdoor and indoor. In my practice, I have often met a cord with such a marking, which connects LED strips to the power supply.
As you can see, the use of ball screw is not always appropriate, which is associated with a small cross section. At home, we recommend using a cord with this marking not for all wiring, but only when installing lighting in rooms!
Well, the last thing you should tell about is what are the manufacturers of the ball screw. Today, such plants as Verkhneoksky Cable Plant, Sevkabel, Energokabel, Telecommunication Cable and other leading companies are engaged in the production of this conductor.
In terms of quality, according to customer reviews, this 4 manufacturers rarely fail. If you suddenly doubted the quality of the product, we recommend it yourself determine cable cross-sectionto ensure compliance with GOST standards!
That's all I wanted to tell you about the purpose and technical characteristics of ballscrew. We hope that the description provided was interesting and useful for you. We also recommend that you read the article - how to find a wire in the wall!