2 ways to connect a five-arm chandelier - which is better?
We have already reviewed the instructions for connecting the chandelier to the ceiling. The connection is quite simple if the product has one light bulb, from which there are 2 wires: phase and zero. But what to do if 10 wires immediately leave the lamp housing? In this case, many self-taught electricians have difficulties that can easily be overcome. To readersElecroExpert»Didn’t make mistakes and could independently connect a five-arm chandelier, below we will provide simple electrical wiring diagrams.
So, the chandelier has 10 wires emerging from the back cover (5 blue - zeros and 5 brown - phases).
All you need to do is connect the contacts to the home wiring (lead-in neutral and phase wires). This is done in a junction box, one of the selected wire connection methods.
To date, the connection of a five-arm chandelier is usually carried out according to one of two schemes:
- By means of a multi-key switch (each key is responsible for a certain group of bulbs). In this case, it is better to use a two-key switch than a three-key switch (only 5 lights are on).
- Using the single-key switch (all lights turn on simultaneously)
We recommend that you give preference to the first scheme, as With a double switch, you can adjust the intensity of the lighting in the room.
I would also like to bring to your attention some useful tips regarding connecting a five-arm chandelier:
- A phase conductor must go to the gap. If you bring zero to the switch, then you may be shocked by replacing the light bulb.
- Fasten the cores with each other using the wagon terminal blocks. The products are simple and allow you to quickly connect 5 wires from the lamp with one lead wire.
- Be sure to turn off the power before starting work, otherwise you cannot avoid electric shock.
- If the wires do not have color marking, then determine where the input phase, and where zero is possible using an indicator screwdriver. Touch it to one of the contacts, if the light comes on, then this is a phase, no - zero.
- If the lamp housing is metal, be sure to connect the ground so that an accidental leakage does not become a threat to you.
We hope that these connection diagrams of the five-arm chandelier were understandable for you, and most importantly - useful.