How to make a safe grounding in the apartment, if it is not
Method number 1 - Connecting an RCD
If there is no grounding in the apartment (not provided by the developer), but you still want to protect yourself from electric shock, then it is best for a while connect a residual current device (in the photo below). This device, of course, will not solve the whole problem, but nevertheless, in the event of leakage of currents, it will instantly turn off the power to the serviced device — a washing machine, water heater, or a group of outlets.
In addition, we recommend that you yourselfreplace wiring in the apartment to a new one with a three-wire cable. In the future, when the time comes to make grounding at your entrance, you will already be prepared, and all that remains is to conduct and connect the PE wire to the corresponding bus of the floor plate.
Method number 2 - Installation of your own circuit
Recently, there have been frequent cases when residents of prefabricated houses decide to independently ground in Khrushchev, for which they organize an individual grounding circuit. This idea is that from the apartment to the basement stretches a PE single-wire wire along the risers. Near the house, at least three metal corners or electrodes are driven in, interconnected by a metal plate. To the finished protective triangle (provided in the diagram below), a wire drawn from the floor is connected, the other end of which is fixed to the shield body. All that remains is to connect the grounding of the apartment with the shield and, as you know, leakage protection is ready!
We draw your attention to the fact that you can do such grounding with your own hands only after coordinating this event with the management company. Spontaneous adoption of this decision can lead to many problems, because You, no matter how, intervene in the approved project, and if some kind of accident occurs, it is possible that you will be the extreme.
I would also like to add that if you still decide to make your own ground loop in the apartment, then PE wire must be copper, section not less than 4 mm.kv. This method of protection is suitable not only for residents of the first floor, but also for everyone else - the 4th or even the 5th.
Video review of the security system:
Dangerous protection option
Some unfortunate electricians decide to make grounding in the apartment, simply by connecting the third wire to the water supply or heating system passing through the room. In no case do not use this version of the grounding circuit, as in this case, the picture is as follows:
- there is a breakdown of current on the body of the appliance (boiler or washing machine in the bathroom);
- dangerous current passes to the batteries and hot / cold water risers of not only your apartment, but also of all neighbors, as the system is single.
- anyone who at the moment decides to drink water from the tap or just touch metal pipes can be a victim.
By the way, this point is stipulated by the rules of the PUE and is also strictly prohibited, according to the PUE 1.7.110 (see Chapter 1.7).
In addition to this method of grounding the apartment, the following are considered unsafe:
- Connection in the zero socket to the ground conductor (the so-called grounding) If something happens zero wire break in the network, the dangerous voltage will go to the case of all electrical appliances connected to the ground of the apartment - a computer, water heater, refrigerator, etc.
- Serial grounding of electrical appliances (through each other). If you decide to make such an earthing circuit, be aware that in the event of an accident, electromagnetic incompatibility can occur. Electrical installations will interfere and there is a high likelihood that the ground loop will not prevent electric shock.
- Connection of several wires to one PE bus terminal. It is allowed to connect one conductor to each contact pad. Neglecting this rule is strictly prohibited.
That's all you need to know about how to make grounding in an apartment, if it is not. Nevertheless, we strongly recommend using an RCD as a temporary protection option, and insist that the city authorities take care of upgrading the wiring in your home.