How to get a profession electrician?
Varieties of profession
First of all, it should be noted that an electrician can be an electrician, an electronic engineer, an electrician, an electrical engineer, a designer, an electrician, an electrical engineer, or even an energy engineer, if you take the whole. As you know, each profession has its own characteristics. To become an electrician, for a start you have to choose a suitable specialty for yourself, with which you decide in the future to connect your life well or a separate period of time.
Our advice is if you are really interested in everything related to electricity, it is better to plan ahead, choosing promising areas that are the key to scientific and technological progress. A very interesting job today is the profession of a power supply designer or auto electrician diagnostician.
Where to start training?
Today, you can become an electrician from scratch by studying at a university, technical school, college, vocational school or even at special emergency courses. This is not to say that a higher education institution is the foundation through which you can become a professional electrician. Quite a lot of specialists are generally self-taught who graduated from college to just get a crust and get a job at the enterprise.
Consider some of the most popular ways to get the profession of electrician:
- University Duration of training is from 4 to 5.5 years. Graduates can be engineers, as pass the most advanced theoretical and practical course. Training may be free.
- Technical College. Upon admission after grade 9, the course of study is from 3 to 4 years. After grade 11, students will have to study from 1.5 to 3 years. The qualification that graduates receive is a technician. There is an opportunity to learn for free.
- College, vocational school - training from 1 to 3 years. After graduation, you can become an electrician repairing electrical equipment. As in the two previous cases, education is free.
- Emergency courses - from 3 weeks to 2 months. The fastest way to become an electrician from scratch. Today, you can learn the profession even online thanks to Skype conferences and individual training. The cost of courses ranges from 10 to 17 thousand (prices for 2017).
- Self-training. Only suitable if you want to become an electrician at home. There are many books, paid courses, and even sites like ours. Elecroexpert, where you can learn almost everything in order to independently carry out simple wiring work. We will dwell on this method, which allows you to become a competent electrician from scratch.
We also recommend watching a video that clearly shows where to start to become an electrician at home:
A few words about self-taught
If you are interested in the profession of an electrician only in order to independently carry out simple electrical installation work, then it will be enough to study all the material from books and video courses, and then perform simple connections and repairs from a small one. We have repeatedly met quite competent electricians who performed complex work without education, and we can say with confidence that they did it very professionally. At the same time, grief electricians with a higher education came across, whom the language does not dare to call engineers.
All this leads to the fact that it is possible to become an electrician at home, but still it will not hurt to consolidate the knowledge gained by taking courses. Another way to learn all the necessary skills is to ask an assistant electrician for a construction site. You can also advertise in various forums that you agree to help electricians on shabbat free of charge or for a small percentage of profits. Too many experts will not refuse help, such as "raise to the floor", stash or something else to help for a couple of hundred. You, in turn, will be able to gain experience by observing the work of the master. After a few months of such mutually beneficial work, you can start plugging in sockets, machines or even repairing fixtures yourself. And then only experience and new objects will help you become a good electrician without education.
Well, the last thing we recommend is to learn the basics according to our advice. To start, you can study the rubric wiring, then go to useful tips and so on in all sections. In addition to this, it will not hurt to study books, which we will also talk about and find a suitable video course. As a result, if there is a desire and you are attentive to all the tasks set, to become an electrician at home will certainly work.
So that you understand the prospects of such a profession, today there are a lot of lawyers, economists and other specialties, where mental work is more needed. But the workforce is sorely lacking in enterprises. As a result, with a great desire, you can learn and find a well-paid job if you really show yourself as a specialist. The average electrician salary for 2017 is 35,000. Given the additional part-time jobs on call and the increase in discharge, it will be easy to earn much more - from 50,000. These figures already clarify the picture, is it promising to become an electrician.
In addition to all the above, I would like to recommend several sources of information:
- What tool should an electrician have? - a minimum set must be present at you from the very beginning of training.
- Electricity and Security - a section in which we consider all the nuances and dangerous situations that you, as a beginner, should know about. Do not forget that the profession of electrician has its main drawback - the work is dangerous, because you will deal with electric shock.
That's all I wanted to tell you about where to start to become an electrician. We hope that after reading the article you will be able to decide where to study and whether it will be right to connect your life with such a profession.