How to connect the difavtomat correctly?
Choose a way
To begin with, we will deal with the main options for electrical work, as home wiring can be single-phase (220 V), three-phase (380 V), with and without grounding. In addition, the product can be installed only on the introductory panel in the apartment or on each individual group of wires. Depending on these conditions, the connection scheme of the difavtomat can be slightly modified, and the device itself will have a different design (bipolar or four-pole).
So, let’s take a look at each of the ways to connect the difavtomat in the shield.
The easiest installation method is one introductory difavtomat serving all apartment wiring. In this case, you need to buy a powerful device designed for the current load from all electrical appliances in the room. The disadvantage of such a connection scheme is that if the protection works, it will be problematic to find the problem zone yourself, because breakdown can be anywhere.
Please note that the ground wire passes separately, connecting to the grounding bus, to which all PE conductors from electrical appliances are connected. Another important point is to connect the neutral conductor. Zero, which is derived from a differential automaton, is strictly forbidden to connect to other zeros of the mains. This is due to the fact that different currents will pass through all the zeros, which will cause the device to operate.
As you can see, for each group of wires, a separate device is installed, which will work only if a dangerous situation arises in his “section”. At the same time, the rest of the products will not react and will work in their normal mode. The advantage of this connection option is that when leakage current, short circuit or power congestion You can immediately find the problem area and proceed to repair it. The disadvantage of this method of installing a difavtomat is the increased material costs for the purchase of several devices.
Above, we provided several examples in which a ground contact was present. However, in the country house and in old houses (and, accordingly, with the old wiring), a two-wire network was used - phase and zero.
In this case, the connection of the difavtomat was carried out according to the following principle:
If in your case there is also no “land”, be sure to home wiring replacement to a new, more secure one.
In a three-phase network
If you decide to install a difavtomat in a cottage, garage or a modern apartment where a three-phase 380V network is used, in this case it is necessary to use a 3-phase automatic machine. In fact, the circuit will not differ from the previous ones, if you do not take into account the fact that four wires must be connected at the input and output from the housing.
The diagram shows how to connect a three-phase difavtomat to the network:
So we have provided the existing ways to connect a differential machine with our own hands. The most correct option is one that is with grounding and several separately installed devices.
We also recommend that you watch a visual video instruction with the correct connection of wires:
Install the product
After you decide on the connection method, you need to proceed to the equally important stage - installation work. In fact, installing a differential machine is not difficult, the main thing is to do everything correctly and according to the instructions. To readersmy.electricianexp»Were able to quickly and easily install a difavtomat in the shield, we provide the following step-by-step instructions:
- Inspect the housing for defects and mechanical damage. Any crack in the case may cause the product to malfunction.
- Turn off the electricity in the house and make sure that there is no mains voltage using an indicator screwdriver (or a multimeter). About, how to check the voltage at the outlet, we told in the corresponding article!
- Install the difavtomat on the DIN rail as shown in the photo.
- Strip the insulation on the connecting cores, for this it is recommended to use stripping toolwhich will not damage the live contact.
- Connect the phase and neutral conductors, according to the diagram, to the special connectors on the body of the difavtomat. We draw your attention to the fact that the lead wires must be attached from above.
- Turn on the power and check if the device is working.
That's the whole technology of installing a differential automaton. We recommend using products only from well-known manufacturers: Legrand (legrand), ABB, IEK and Dekraft (decraft).
We also advise you to familiarize yourself with the connection errors that we provided below.
Basic connection errors
As we already said, if the difavtomat is not properly connected to the network, problems such as its false operation or even a complete failure can occur.
The following connection errors may be responsible for the faults:
- The zero wire at the output of the housing is connected to the remaining zeros. As mentioned earlier, passing currents will provoke the device to false operation.
- Introductory L and N are wound from the bottom of the case. Such an error occurs very often in practice, indicating the carelessness of the electrician who made the installation. Even on the front panel of the differential automaton a diagram is drawn according to which input is carried out only from above.
- Zero connects to the "earth". This option is sometimes used in old houses where a two-wire network is used. The result of an incorrect connection is a false protection.
- Wire N is connected directly to the appliance (past protection). In this case, a trip will also occur.
- In the circuit there are several differential machines and at the same time the electrical device is connected in phase to one, and zero to the other. The result is a shutdown of one or two protective devices at once.
You can clearly see the errors in the video below:
That's all I wanted to tell you about how to properly install and connect a difavtomat with your own hands.