How to protect your child from electricity - effective ways
Protecting your baby from outlets
The biggest danger to children is a household outlet. Today, most often they are set very low, so children can easily put anything into the holes, whether it be a pen, hairpin or finger. Therefore, the main task of parents is to protect the child from electric shock. One of the easiest solutions is to simply restrict access using various security features, which today have a fairly large assortment. For example, there are the following types of protection against electric shock:
- End cap with security key. This is one of the most common types of protection. It can be bought at most hardware stores. The plugs can be either foreign or domestic manufacturers and differ in price and design, but the essence of the work remains the same. They make it from rubber or plastic. In order to protect children from electric shock, it is necessary to insert a plug into the holes designed for the plug. When the plug is in the holes, access to parts of the fittings that are energized is limited. This protection can only be removed using the key that comes with the plug. The manufacturers of plugs make them in different colors, which allows you to choose exactly the one that will suit the color of the fittings, and will not attract too much attention of the child.
- Practical are sockets with a swivel mechanism. Inside this device is a spring mechanism. When nothing is inserted into the outlet, it is in a locked state.To unlock, insert the plug into the device’s holes and rotate so that the holes of the protective mechanism coincide with the internal holes, and the plug must fully enter inside. If the plug is pulled out of the socket, the spring mechanism will immediately return to its previous position and block access to voltage.
- The last defense is the so-called curtains. Today on the market there is a large assortment of accessories with safety shutters. This type of outlet does not allow you to open one of the holes. To raise the curtains, you must simultaneously press on both slots and only then the curtain will open. Using such a mechanism, parents can be calm for their children, because they are not threatened by electric shock.
The most effective, in our opinion, stubs are examined in the video:
You can also make plugs on outlets from children with their own hands. A simple instruction for manufacturing these products is discussed in the video:
Electric wires and children
A child may be shocked by appliances that are connected to the electrical network. For example, it can be a table lamp, a floor lamp, an electric heating device and other electrical appliances. You can simply restrict access to electrical equipment for children, but this is not the only measure that can protect babies.
First of all, it is necessary to teach children basic safety rules. It is best to educate the child in a playful way, for this you can use special educational children's cartoons, and after watching them discuss.
Teaching cartoons look something like this:
A special influence on the actions of babies is produced by a joint lesson on safety from electric shock, which is usually carried out in child care facilities. It is important that the kids participate in such collective events that allow them to share their impressions with other children, because this will contribute to the formation of a stable consciousness of correct behavior in different life situations.
When children grow older than five years old, their parents try to give them more freedom, and therefore they are less controlled. Children can play outdoor games with peers on the street, or ride bicycles unattended. By this time, it is very important that the child has clearly formed knowledge that will protect them from electric shock.
He must clearly understand such facts: electricity is transmitted through cables and poses a serious danger to human life. In no case should you play under electric supports, climb on them or throw objects on wires. It is also important to consider that not all games can be played near power lines. For example, you can play with a kite only away from the main power lines. After all, airflows can drag a snake onto wires, and this can also lead to electric shock.
Distribution cabinets, as well as transformer substations, which are usually installed in the courtyards of multi-storey buildings, are also of great danger to children. Children should understand that it is strictly forbidden to enter the enclosure to electrical equipment. Such information can protect the baby from electric shock.
Already by the time the baby will be allowed to independently be on the street without adult supervision, he must have developed an instinct:
- in no case approach the fence that encloses the electrical equipment;
- Keep away from dangling or loose cables
- if any violations are noticed, then immediately inform adults about it;
- It is strictly forbidden to play near electric poles.
The older the children, the more dangers, and the danger can come not only from the outlet in the house.After all, for example, going to school, he may stumble on broken wires, which can lead to very sad consequences.
If the child is left alone in the apartment, he should not:
- Remove protection from household appliances, replace bulbs or fuses, and engage in other repairs.
- Touch wet appliances with working hands, and moreover, wash or wipe them with a wet rag.
- Independently turn off or turn on electrical appliances.
It is very important that parents do everything possible to protect the baby from electric shock. We hope our tips have helped you provide adequate protection for children from outlets and electrical appliances at home.
It will be useful to read: