10 rules for installing an electrode boiler
Briefly about the advantages of the device
Compared to the electric heating boiler, the electrode consumes less energy, is easier to install and has a higher efficiency. This is due to the fact that when heated with electrodes, there are no intermediaries like spirals. Everything is simple here - the current is supplied to the coolant (water) through the anode and cathode, as a result of which the liquid is rapidly heated and circulated through the heating system.
In addition, the advantages of connecting this equipment are:
- low cost in comparison with alternative options;
- silent operation;
- fire safety;
- can be used not only for heating, but also just for heating water (dual circuit system);
- compact dimensions of equipment (can be installed even in the bathroom);
- ease of installation (even a kettle in an electrician and plumbing can handle).
As for the shortcomings, the main ones are the low level of electrical safety and high electricity tariffs, as a result of which the connection of the electrode boiler is rational only if there is no central heating system.
Rules for self-installation
We will not detail the scope of work on installing radiators, joining metal-plastic pipes and connecting them (feed and return) to the boiler outputs.You can see all these stages in the video instruction, which demonstrates the technology for connecting the Galan electrode boiler, which is very popular today:
As you can see, the installation is not a big deal, all you need to do is install the pipes, make ground, connect automation and make settings. Even the factory instructions for the equipment detail the entire scope of work. It is much more important to tell you about what rules to consider when installing an electrode boiler yourself. So, in order for the system to work for a long time and without emergency situations, we recommend that you observe the following recommendations:
- Set the coolant (water) according to the requirements of the equipment manufacturer. For example, Galan firm strongly recommends using Argus-Galan liquid, which needs to be changed every 5 years, as a heat carrier for electric boiler models such as Volcano, Geyser and Hearth. For the Galan-BeeRT model, only distilled water should be used. At the same time, antifreezes such as Arctic and Tosol are strictly prohibited.
- Be sure to flush the old heating system from salt deposits (this requirement is not relevant for a new pipeline). The fact is that contaminated radiators will adversely affect the density of the coolant, which can be even worse displayed on the operation of the electrode boiler. For washing, it is recommended to use an inhibitor called "Protector".
- Without grounding, the device must never be connected to the network. As a PE conductor, it is recommended to use a copper wire with a cross section of 4 mm2 and resistance no more than 4 Ohms.
- The optimal coolant flow rate is 8 liters per 1 kW of equipment power. We do not recommend going beyond this value, as this flow rate saves maximum energy.
- At the highest point of the system, you need to install a dehumidifier valve (simply, an air vent) for bleeding air, as well as a pressure gauge and back-pressure relief valve.
- All shut-off valves must be installed behind the expansion tank (as shown in the electrode boiler connection diagram).
- The heater body must be installed in a strictly vertical position, as shown in the photo. Any bias negatively displayed on his work.
- When choosing new radiators, buy products from bimetal or primary aluminum. In such metals, there are fewer impurities that have a negative effect on the electric boiler.
- Never use cast iron batteries when installing the electrode boiler yourself. Such products are quickly contaminated and also consume more coolant, which will reduce the cost-effectiveness of electric heating at times.
- You can install several heaters in series (as shown in the video), if the power of one is not enough. It is recommended to use a group of boilers when heating installation in a two-story house (for example, one water heater will serve the first floor, and the second, respectively, the second).
That's all I wanted to tell you about how to connect the electrode boiler in the house and apartment. We also recommend that you watch the video, which talks about the advantages of using EOW - flow-type electrode heating systems, which are very popular today.